How? How does Jesus light the way? I believe it’s his love that lights up a path when darkness falls & despair threatens to overwhelm, as we search for the presence of God, we find Him walking beside us, sometimes carrying us, just as a shepherd carries a little lost lamb, he’s got him right near his bosom & the warmth & safety we feel when we realize that God has us, too, for “Underneath are the everlasting arms.”
Remember what Jesus said to the criminal hanging beside him? Well, he didn’t ask him what religion he was or recommend a course of studying the Torah & perhaps, maybe after doing that, possibly this criminal would have a chance to enter paradise, no, on the contrary, He gave him the tender assurance that “- you will be with me in paradise.” The criminal had passed on from being a criminal in Jesus eyes, not in mans! but in Jesus eyes. Jesus heard the repentance in his heart & the belief in him, in his voice & that was ENOUGH!
Today, if you are feeling alone, forgotten or judged, remember; God loves you & His arms are open, chat with Him, pour out your heart, He’s listening! Remember too, that God knows you are dust, you make mistakes, you do wrong but you’re sorry & Jesus light is there, shining! to show you that there is a path, you can walk along side him, his light will never go out.
If we could speak to Jesus right now about that experience with the criminal that hung beside him, maybe he would answer by asking: “What criminal?”
Love is the light, see people thru its lens x
Regrets! we all have them. Things you didn’t do & things you didn’t say or things you DID do & things you DID say! Regret follows like a heavy dark cloud pregnant with tears & sad whisperings of “If only I didn’t…” or frustrating groans of “Why did I say that!”
So, what’s to be done with that nagging voice full of lament, moaning as it drags its heavy sighs along the chambers of your heart, uncomfortably always ‘there’ never letting you forget?
Learn from it. Turn your regret into GROWTH. We all have done stupid things & have said things that can’t be taken back. All of us. It isn’t the best way to learn but it is a way nonetheless, life has its lessons &, moving on from past mistakes however burdensome the backwash, is sometimes the only way ‘some of us’ (I think most of us) LEARN.
In essence, LEARN from it, GROW from it, FORGIVE YOURSELF, & finally! MOVE ON X
It doesn’t matter what age you are, true beauty is a soul & heart thing! The soul is ageless. It’s where you will find your fountain of youth. & when you do things YOU enjoy & ditch things you’re only doing to make others happy, you will start to feel that oh, so feel-good state of well-being.
The first thing you will notice is that you will start to smile again! An honest to goodness smile that comes up all the way from your soul to your face & hey! doesn’t joy look beautiful on a woman?! Yup! It sure does x
One thing I’m thinking of doing that is totally new to me, is to join the local kayaking club. My neighbour, in her late sixties, asked me a few weeks ago if I’d like to come along to the club! As I’m doing an arm work-out at the moment, I thought, now there’s just the thing to keep my arms nice & taut! I’ll give it a try & if I enjoy doing it, bonus! then I’ll keep on kayaking!I like the fact, too, that kayaking will be a new challenge for me & thus, I’ll be stepping out of my comfort zone &, that’s always a good thing!
What goals, new interests are you going to take up? I’ve come up with some ideas I like & some I won’t pursue but maybe you will!
- Join a book club. Or, better yet, create your own book club meet-up. You’ll make new gal pals of all ages &, sharing an in-depth discussion about a book you’ve all read will increase your appreciation about the way other people think as you probe deep into the story plot, much like mining for gems!
- Do you like to paint or draw? or write poetry? Join a class or create one. Put an ad in the local paper inviting other people for tea & cake or a glass of red, once a month, while you all paint, write or draw, together. It doesn’t have to be a solitary thing but it can be, it’s up to YOU x
- Grab the sax, pull out the old guitar, take up the flute or maybe the harp? So many of you are musical, if its been a long time, go play!
- Hiking is great, so good for your health & emotional well-being, too! Prepare a little backpack picnic & don’t forget the wine!
- Dance! Just put the music on that makes your feet tap & grab your man or a group of friends & rock & roll!
- Like to sing? Be brave & go street perform!
- Start a prayer group. Pray for each other & think of ways you can help others.
- Gather. Gather. GATHER together, you & your tribe. Prepare a meal together & share your hearts.
Or, you can fall in love & have regular date nights x
Remember…focus on something YOU enjoy doing! Invite like-minded ones along, too, if you like!
When you wear that heady scent of satisfaction & find fulfilment in what you like & enjoy doing, you’ll have stirred the waters in that fountain of youth which is found in your soul.
Go do interesting things & then ‘nourish your flourish!’